Club Confédéré et Fédéral de France Forum Index

Club Confédéré et Fédéral de France
Le forum du CCFF sur la guerre de sécession ( Civil war ) : Histoire, reconstitution, films, BD, jeux, figurines ...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

les anciens
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Club Confédéré et Fédéral de France Forum Index -> RECONSTITUTION -> LA PRATIQUE DE LA RECONSTIT ' -> ...et chez les autres ?
Previous topic :: Next topic  
BrownRaider
MAJOR GENERAL
MAJOR GENERAL

intérêt(s) pour la CW: Kansas,Zouaves, Morphine, sacred harp, fenian, gardes lafourchette et cnie

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul - 16:51 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
mmm sait-on comment ces choses étaient vues dans le contexte de désagragation des années  1962 1963? Je parle plus des espèces de défilés que des superbes gars bien équipés qui ont ma foi fort belle allure.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Holiness does not consist in mystic speculations, enthusiastic fervours, or uncommanded austerities; it consists in thinking as God thinks, and willing as God wills."

“Be mild with the mild, shrewd with the crafty, confiding to the honest, rough to the ruffian, and a thunderbolt to the liar."

JOHN BROWN
Visit poster’s website
bazoo
COLONEL
COLONEL

intérêt(s) pour la CW: Le punk, mais je trouve rien

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul - 21:52 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

Il y a plusieurs trucs, je dis une seule fois "à mon avis, donc sans références qui sont en carton"
Comme tu dis Johnny , il y a une différence entre les deux.
Je ne serai pas étonné qu'il ya it de la "reconstit'" park nationaux dans les meilleures.... ou un groupe de d'jeuns qui on bousillé de l'uniforme d’époque.
Il y a eu plusieurs navvets au US où on voyait du matos mélangé CW et IW et tu arrivais à voir des trucs assez rares, .
C'est dans les années 1970 qu'est venue la modes de l’ancien avant, tu grattais des armures dans des décharges
RIP
Fuck the déchetteries
Le reste
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vivre simplement pour que d'autres, simplement, puissent vivre (Gandhi)
ccffpa
COMMANDANT SUPREME

intérêt(s) pour la CW: tout !

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul - 22:12 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

pour le "ressenti" je ne me souviens pas vraiement avoir lu des trucs la dessus , faudra que je regarde...

par contre , il ne me semble pas que des pièces d'époque aient été portées, ou alors peut être de façon très minoritaires, c'étaient déja de spièces d emusée en 1960 ! les armes oui, elles étaient originales , il n'y avait pas encore de copies ...

voisi un texte sur "l'authenticité" des uniformes et du matériel d'un groupe que l'on voit dans ces photos, les "blackhats" (ceux qui sont passés en revue par Eisenhower), si ça vous intéresse, c'est tiré des "mémoires" de l'un d'entre eux ...

Our efforts at authenticity seem based on several elemental (too elemental) assumptions. First, everything had to look like "homespun" wool. Blanket pants were deemed excellent representations of homespun. I remember a skirmisher stopping me at the Aberdeen Nationals and asking where we got the homespun pants, and boy did I feel like we were succeeding. The second assumption was that everything should be "butternut," and that could be readily accomplished by staining everything with brown leather dye, and baking it in Gerry's oven. Our jackets were mostly altered sports jackets, or some such. I have already mentioned my black fireman's tunic. Over the summer, I had acquired a military school coat from a friend and altered it to look like a gray Confederate jacket, and proudly started to wear that at the fall shoot, with a pair of Burt-made blanket pants, which had an annoying tendency to develop holes in the seat every time I wore them. No matter, I patched them, then finally gave up and latched onto a leather-dyed pair of old hounds tooth wool suit pants that Doody had brought in from his deceased father's wardrobe. These I used until 1964 when I donated them to the Hardtack and Coffee Museum, about which more anon. From there they disappeared, and I last caught sight of them on "Dirty Billy" Wickham, the Civil War hat sutler, at a reenactment about 1980. He had got them from Bernie Mitchell, of skirmishing and relic-dealing fame, and told me they were original Civil War pants. Bernie had liquidated the assets of the bankrupt Hardtack and Coffee Museum, including my pants, and, shall we say, passed them off as a little more than they actually were. When I explained to Billy their more humble pedigree (proving my knowledge by correctly describing the unseen fly buttons as sawn slices of dowel rod), he offered to sell them back to me. I actually contemplated that, for about two seconds, out of nostalgia, but passed on it.

This gives you a pretty good idea of what our concept of authenticity was. Shirts we actually made on Gerry's old foot-treadle sewing machine on a fairly accurate period pattern. Suspenders were generally pea-green work suspenders dyed with, yep, brown leather dye. For shoes, we mail ordered fin-de-siecle square toed high-tops that were still produced in Tennessee by the Carter Shoe Company for older gentlemen who yearned for the footwear of their youth. The shoes were apparently made of kangaroo hide, and we fondly called them "Carter Kangaroos." Hats were any old beat up piece of crap salvaged from our fathers' wardrobes, or reblocked cowboy hats. I blocked my hat on an inverted one gallon paint can, with the paint still in it, which didn't please my father much. For overcoats the Blackhats had an inventory of old West Point cadet raincoats. They were sleeveless affairs with long capes and at least looked something like Civil War overcoats.

For accoutrements and equipage we similarly made-do. Most of us used Sears Roebuck work belts with open frame brass buckles as waist belts. On them we suspended cap pouches, cartridge boxes, and bayonet scabbards which we laboriously cut and sewed during our weekly work sessions. These latter items were probably the more authentic elements of our impressions, and the credit goes to Gerry for working out the patterns and teaching us how to assemble them. I later improved my Sears work belt by replacing the buckle with a good repro stamped, lead-filled oval CS buckle which I bought from Bill Prince, a relic dealer in Wheaton, Md. Then later in high school metal shop I found a piece of rectangular, heavy gauge sheet brass about the right size for a decent repro Confederate open frame buckle, and made one, to which I attached a more correct belt I cut from leather.

Blackhat canteens were post-war canteens. Gerry would knock off the strap loops and replace them with the correct types, and we would sew covers of blanket pants scraps to the canteens and add more-or-less correct slings. Haversacks were whatever. I at first had a -- I suppose Gerry-made -- Yankee haversack, but at one point Burt made up a bunch of white cotton haversacks, and everyone had to have one of those. Later on, I made my own envelope-style out of double thick unbleached muslin, with a button I laboriously made of a beef bone. I remember too that we eventually got some wooden canteens that Burt's brother made, but they kept falling apart, probably because we didn't keep water in them all the time as you have to.

We made knapsacks out of Spanish-American War originals, which we altered and painted black to resemble Civil War types. Mostly, though, in the field, we carried blanket rolls. For years I used a camp blanket that had not gotten made into pants, then an old patchwork quilt my grandmother had made. At first, ponchos were modern ones painted black, then eventually we got into making more correct ones. I still use one Gerry made of plain sheet rubber.

Looking back, our early efforts at authenticity were pretty crude, but way ahead of what any other unit, Confederate at least, was attempting. We took great pride in our "authenticity," and looked down on other skirmishers and reenactors who got by with blue or gray cotton work shirts, etc. At some point, maybe in late '62 or early '63, we started to look closely at original garments in museums, and became more skilled at cutting and sewing garments from scratch instead of trying to make modern garments over. When we met Paul Ruehs, Bob Fisch, and Minnie Welsh of Battery B, all of whom were making decent stuff based on original Union uniforms at the West Point Museum, the whole authenticity effort got a shot in the arm. Some of the Blackhats made sky-blue Yankee trousers, and I got a Burt-made Yankee four-button, made from a Battery B pattern. Then about that same time, Gerry bought a bolt of cadet gray cloth from the Charlottsville Mills, and a lot of us made wool shell jackets. I started mine over Thanksgiving weekend of '62 at the house of an aunt, who said she could sew, but when she saw the pattern parts to what I was about to undertake shuddered and pointed out where the sewing machine was. It took me months to finish that jacket, and it turned out wearable. I improved it some years later when I had acquired better needle skills, and still have it.

We tried to make our camps authentic too. At first we took WWII pup tents and painted them black, on the strength of some early-war tents being so painted. Later, Gerry and Burt figured out how to make actual Civil War shelter halves, and we made up a bunch of them to sleep in at shoots. They of course offered only a modicum of weather protection and I can remember getting soaked to the skin on more than one rainy night sleeping in them.

la bonne cause ? c'est celle pour laquelle on se bat !
ccffpa
COMMANDANT SUPREME

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul - 16:25 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

une reconstit à Hanover (pennsylvanie) en pleine ville, le 30 juin 1963

ccffpa
COMMANDANT SUPREME

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul - 12:47 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

quelques images de gettysburg 1963

Jeb
2nd LIEUTENANT
2nd LIEUTENANT

intérêt(s) pour la CW: Figurines, reconstitution

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul - 13:43 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

Très intéressant en tout cas. Merci, Paddy   

"The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he came from. And if he was really evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. If he would not rather have stayed there ... in peace. War will make corpses of us all." Faramir

"J'ai rêvé d'un Kanssouri libre et indépendant"
Private McOuioui, 124th NY
Visit poster’s website
BrownRaider
MAJOR GENERAL
MAJOR GENERAL

intérêt(s) pour la CW: Kansas,Zouaves, Morphine, sacred harp, fenian, gardes lafourchette et cnie

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jul - 05:14 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

J'aime bien celle avec les cadavres au premier plan... 

“Holiness does not consist in mystic speculations, enthusiastic fervours, or uncommanded austerities; it consists in thinking as God thinks, and willing as God wills."

“Be mild with the mild, shrewd with the crafty, confiding to the honest, rough to the ruffian, and a thunderbolt to the liar."

JOHN BROWN
Visit poster’s website
ccffpa
COMMANDANT SUPREME

PostPosted: Sun 12 Aug - 15:14 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

reconstit à Fort sanders, novembre 1963

ccffpa
COMMANDANT SUPREME

PostPosted: Sun 9 Dec - 16:52 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

quelques images de 1964, la reconstitution CW perd de son impact au fur et à mesure des années suite à des incidents , des blessés, l'interdiction de reconstitution dans les parcs nationaux ...

Kennessaw mountain

divers

Winchester

ccffpa
COMMANDANT SUPREME

PostPosted: Sun 9 Dec - 17:02 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

quelques photos retrouvées par la suite

manassas 1961

couple de reenactors (?) de Louisiane dans les années 60...

Antietam 1962

non identifiée

BrownRaider
MAJOR GENERAL
MAJOR GENERAL

PostPosted: Sun 9 Dec - 19:45 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

Toujours avec les Garand!

Sinon les mecs du 2 nd SC ont de la gueule qduand même!

JOHN BROWN
Visit poster’s website
Mac Foye
SERGEANT MAJOR
SERGEANT MAJOR

intérêt(s) pour la CW: Reconstitution

PostPosted: Sun 9 Dec - 22:10 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

Emouvantes ces images... 
BrownRaider
MAJOR GENERAL
MAJOR GENERAL

PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec - 03:04 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

Tu ne parlais pas du couple j'espère ? 

JOHN BROWN
Visit poster’s website
Dr Feelgood
MAJOR GENERAL
MAJOR GENERAL

intérêt(s) pour la CW: Histoire, uniformes

PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec - 08:47 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

Ben si, moi c'est le couple qui m'a émouvé. 

Écoute Bernard, j'crois que toi et moi, on a un peu le même problème. C'est-à-dire qu'on peut pas vraiment tout miser sur notre physique, surtout toi. Alors si je peux me permettre de te donner un conseil, c'est : oublie que t'as aucune chance, vas-y fonce ! On sait jamais, sur un malentendu ça peut marcher !.
Visit poster’s website
Mac Foye
SERGEANT MAJOR
SERGEANT MAJOR

intérêt(s) pour la CW: Reconstitution

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec - 17:23 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

émoulu... pas émouvé... Parle françois !! Saperlot !!
Dr Feelgood
MAJOR GENERAL
MAJOR GENERAL

intérêt(s) pour la CW: Histoire, uniformes

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec - 19:02 (2012)    Post subject: les anciens Reply with quote

Mac Foye wrote:
émoulu... pas émouvé... Parle françois !! Saperlot !!
Merci Mas Foye, émolu donc.

Écoute Bernard, j'crois que toi et moi, on a un peu le même problème. C'est-à-dire qu'on peut pas vraiment tout miser sur notre physique, surtout toi. Alors si je peux me permettre de te donner un conseil, c'est : oublie que t'as aucune chance, vas-y fonce ! On sait jamais, sur un malentendu ça peut marcher !.
Visit poster’s website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Club Confédéré et Fédéral de France Forum Index -> RECONSTITUTION -> LA PRATIQUE DE LA RECONSTIT ' -> ...et chez les autres ? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
Upload images

Index | Create free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation